Friday, January 7, 2011

Believe the Hype (Writer) - Brand Image Matters



When you first decide to start a business, it can be intimidating. If your funding is limited, where do you decide to spend the resources you have? It may be a different answer in 2011 than it was in 2007.


If you think the way you will do business in 2011 will be the same as years past, you’re wrong. Is it about the amount of followers you have? No. It’s about access to information, sharing knowledge and industry expertise. Content drives business online but also consider your brand image. A first impression still counts.


Our client, The Hype Writer specializes in social media strategies, management and content writing for businesses. Therefore, an online presence is extremely important. They made the decision to invest in a professional brand image to stand out from the competition.


Designing a logo, website and other branding elements for a start-up company is always a fun challenge. If the company has a strong name that lends itself to interesting visuals, that is a plus. The Hype Writer is a great name - it is a juxtaposition of old vs. new.


The logotype is simple and clean. The typeface Courier was used to reference the font most commonly used on a typewriter. By contrasting the classic font with modern and fresh colors, we have created a brand image that is approachable, professional and still fun.


On the website, the paper airplanes and scribbling reference the creative process a writer might go through to develop content that is interesting and engaging. Jotting down thoughts and doodles or sending your ideas flying through the air via paper plane to help get the creative juices flowing.


More mature audiences can relate the typewriter stylization used on the business card and website. The typewriter and paper are tangible and textural while the Internet remains intangible and still a bit mysterious for some. But a writer is still a writer. Whether it be for a more traditional form of media or for the Internet.


“As you know, there are several options to choose from in Houston when looking to build your company brand. Tribe Design was the company I knew I could count on because of their professional reputation and fresh ideas.

I wanted my logo and brand to have a vintage feel but still keep a modern appearance. I desperately needed a creative graphic design genius to help me put these ideas together and construct a clean, concise brand.


The first thing Tribe helped me do was save me from myself by putting up a professional looking splash page in place of my makeshift contact page created from my Go Daddy account. They knew my brand image was important to me and that the first impression online can make an impact on potential customers.


Since my business is social media, I needed to build my brand and keep it consistent across all media. I worked with Tribe to create a clean and concise brand image for my business card, letterhead, website, Twitter page, Facebook page and coming soon… my You Tube channel and email marketing newsletter template. I also needed my web page to be mobile/iPad friendly. Tribe is professional, service-oriented and extremely creative. I will continue to use Tribe to help shape my brand image.”


- Leslie Nelson, The Hype Writer


Have you started to incorporate Facebook, Twitter and You Tube in your business marketing? Do each of these channels maintain your brand image? Sometimes companies rush to set-up these sites just to say they “have them”. That can actually hurt your brand. Tribe Design does a great job making each site a little different, but still consistently recognizable. The best way to maximize your marketing presence in 2011 is a combination of professional design and effective content. Contact Tribe Design today to help you develop a consistent, professional brand image.


No comments:

Post a Comment